Sunday, August 10, 2014

Welcome

I suppose this will be introductory, so I won't go into any crazy stuff this time. I suspect that at some point I will write something that upsets someone, I've decided I'm kinda okay with that.  I don't pretend to feel that everyone feels like I feel on certain subjects, or even remotely agrees with me on many of them, and I'm also okay with that.  I hope that things that are read are discussed, I hope that there are comments left that are intelligent, challenging, and informative. 

I think that sometimes we, as a society, become so mired in things that we forget that we can change things. That we are powerful and forces to be reckoned with.  Sometimes things feel so big that we feel impossibly small and inconsequential. I find that incredibly sad.  The thought that as a singular person, we cannot effect the world in which we live, makes me mad.  Change is always started somewhere, with someone... why is that never us.  Why is it that we temper our emotions to the "norm," and not let them lead us. I am not saying that we should fly off the handle at everything, that's not where I'm going. 

Get in touch with your emotions.  When something makes you mad, think about it. Maybe understand first that it's okay to be mad in the first place. I hear people saying to get over it... that's just angering in its self. Same thing with sadness, frustration.... really anything.  I had a conversation with C yesterday.  It was after he had an exceptionally bad day the previous day, and it got me thinking.  He said that sometimes he just likes to stew in his anger, and that he's trying to be better about telling me that it's not me or L that he is mad at... he's just mad and needs to be mad for a while.  I was floored by that.  My instinct is to make it better, sometimes because I feel like it's my job to do that... but what I was doing was robbing him of something he needed... and I GET that.

So to wrap up what could go in to a very long welcome to the "Mind of T," get in touch with what irks you, touches you, fulfills you, or whatever and use it. That's what this is about, I may not change the world, but I'm going to try to change something, maybe it's just changing me... and y'all I'm definitely okay with THAT!

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment