Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Let's play a game...

... It's called who is your daddy and what does he do....

Kinda, but more like, "Who is your God and what does He do."  For all intents and purposes, the you here refers to me and the our and we statements are purely mine and not staying that everyone feels this way. I cannot speak for all Christians and don't pretend to.

So, I think if you asked that question of a group of Christians you would get vastly different answers. Some would liken him to a father, some a teacher, some would say comforter.

I talk to my youth group about that, and there are differences even in our small group.

When I think of God... I think of sacrifice.  When I think of sacrifice... I think of Jesus. When I think of Jesus... I think of revolutionary.  I always think of the story of Jesus entering the temple and throwing the tables over and admonishing the money changers.

This speaks to me in so many ways... Not that it was a show of force, but a cleansing of what was accepted.  Jesus came and rocked the world of the religious leaders of the time. He stood up for the persecuted and hung out with tax collectors, fisherman and whores.

Yes he was perfect, we say he was anyway... But a lot of people said he wasn't back then... And he still stood up for what he knew was right. I want to be like that... That is why I call him Father... And as for what he does... He inspires me daily to stand up for what I believe in and be the voice to the ones who don't have one. To see the homeless and not look through them, to fight for the rights of others, for it is not my right to judge, to not become complacent in the world, but to shake it up and leave a mark....

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment