Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bullets and Books

Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of Sandy Hook.  Yesterday was a stark reminder that our children are not safe anywhere.  I thought about that as my happy go lucky child got out and walked into school.  I thought about how terrified she would be.  I thought about her not having me there.  I thought that I wish I could keep her safe.  I thought about what I would feel.  I couldn't. It makes me tear up just thinking about her being scared.  So as I often do I pulled up some info regarding statistics of school shootings here.  Here is a link to what I found, http://www.k12academics.com/school-shootings/history-school-shootings-united-states#.VnAdCstMFnE

I don't know what to do, but this isn't a new thing.  There are documented shootings in schools from over 100 years ago.  The idea that are children were ever safe in school seems strange after reading this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment